Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bittersweet

As much as I talk about getting out of East Texas, I do realize that it will be bittersweet.

I'm pretty comfortable here. On campus, I know who I need to talk to to get what I want and need, and people know me well enough that it doesn't take a lot of effort to get it. When I go out to eat, I only have a few places that I go, and they know me, some know my name, and they know what I like to drink and some of my favorite food items.

I went in to a promotions company today to see if I could get a gift for someone, and I've done a large amount of business with them over the years. They got the gift for me even though you're technically supposed to order at least 25. They told me I was such a great customer that they didn't mind and would make it work.

It's hard for me to go out without seeing a number of people that I know where ever I am, and it's gotten to be very normal for me. I don't know what it will be like when I have to start over again. It will be exciting in some ways, and I got a taste of it this past summer, but it'll be a building process all over again.

Ready for Spring Break! ATX, here I come!!

Also, 298 days til I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment