Thursday, April 1, 2010

260 days...

So, I've only got 260 days until I graduate, and I'm still deciding what I want to be when I grow up, but the more I talk to people about it, the more I realize that that's not such a bad thing.

I could try to find something at Southwest Airlines. While I was in Dallas on Tuesday I went to see my old team from last summer. They were all happy to see me, and many inquired as to when I would be applying at SWA. That's something that I'm obviously interested in, but it's hard to find a job there because no one really leaves...

I could do restaurant management (briefly) and hope that I can either own my own place one day or eventually become a consultant. We'll see.

Another possibility is working for a University in Career Services and getting a free Masters. I am already more than qualified for many of the positions that I've viewed at many places. Plus, FREE MASTERS!

Event planning is something I've got under my belt, and I feel like I'm pretty good at speaking in public, and with the experience that I've gotten in the last two years, I would have to say that that is something that I can pursue later in life.

The point is: I've got options. I am realistic, and I know that I won't have my dream job right off the bat, but I'm confident that I can find something enjoyable with enough money upon graduation or shortly thereafter.

On a completely different subject, I finished Up In The Air (the book), and it was incredibly anti-climactic, but it was still very good. The language is incredible, and the moral of the story is something that we only passively realize. The book faces the subject head-on. Ready to see the movie.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should be a wedding/event planner. haha you could go into business with me here in H-Town!!

    ReplyDelete